Thursday, June 6, 2013

Aphids... Yuk

Aphids
The last five years just as the new buds start appearing on my rose bushes along come these pesky little critters.  I've bought ladybugs in the past to try to naturally combat the little buggers.  To my surprise the ladybugs all disappear the next day.  I've followed the directions to the tea but still no use.

This year about the same time little black birds with yellow eyes called brewers migrated to our area.  Not just a dozen or so I'm talking about 50 to 75 of these little black birds.  They nest and bath and eat!  They stay around for about a month or two.  Anyways, I think they may eat the aphids as well.  I'm no expert and I can't prove it but my rose bushes had many stems that had been bent.  And the aphids are few and far between.  Could these wonderful little brewers have naturally controlled this aphid problem?  It wouldn't surprise me; Gods precious cycle of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment